12 of the Most Common Car Accident Causes
Over 99% of the time, Central Texas drivers travel from one place to another without incident. But in very rare instances, these motorists are involved in an auto accident. Because they happen so infrequently, drivers tend to blame collisions on inclement weather, substandard roads, or vehicle malfunction.
The fact is, the vast majority of car accidents are caused by driver error. This means that the blame for accidents can be placed on one or more of the drivers involved.Why Car Accidents Occur
Here are a dozen of the most common causes of auto accidents in Central Texas:
- Driving above the speed limit or too fast for weather or road conditions
- Failing to yield the right-of-way at a posted yield sign or while executing a left turn at an intersection
- Failing to stop at a stop sign or red light
- Changing lanes or turning without using turn signals
- Making an unsafe lane change or failing to stay in a single lane of traffic
- Following another vehicle too closely and failing to slow down or stop in time to prevent a collision
- Failure to yield the right of way when exiting a private driveway
- Failure to yield the right of way to a pedestrian in a crosswalk or parking lot
- Losing control of the vehicle
- Making or attempting an unsafe turn
- Texting, talking on a cell phone, or otherwise becoming distracted while driving
- Operating a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs or alcohol
All too often, people get hurt when an auto accident takes place. Texas law states that the driver or party who is responsible for an auto accident will be held liable for any injuries that result from the incident. In single-vehicle auto accidents, injured passengers can hold the driver liable for their injury-related costs.
The car accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos can assist victims in receiving reimbursement for their medical expenses, compensation for lost wages due to missed time at work, and possibly monetary damages for pain and suffering. Our attorneys can also help victims when insurance companies get involved or the cause of the auto accident is in dispute.
If you have been injured in a car accident in San Antonio that was caused by someone else, learn about your legal rights from an experienced San Antonio, TX personal injury lawyer by calling (210) 308-8811 or filling out our free, no obligation online contact form to set up a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case.Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos, P.C.