Work Injury Law Firm
San Antonio Workplace Injury Attorney
Injured on the job? Recover the compensation you deserve with the help of an experienced San Antonio work injury law firm.
If you have been hurt in a workplace accident in San Antonio, TX you are not alone. Each year, approximately three million nonfatal work-related accidents are reported to the federal government, with nearly half of these accidents resulting in time missed from work. It is widely believed that far more work-related accidents go unreported. San Antonio work injury lawyer Ronald Ramos is committed to helping injured workers recover their losses; and, if you have been injured on the job, he will fight to win the compensation you deserve.
On-the-job accidents can lead to lost wages, medical bills, and other financial losses. Many injured workers also experience chronic pain and other long-term effects. Regardless of the severity of your work injury, it is important that you seek help, and you need to rely on the advice and representation of an experienced attorney to make sure you recover just compensation.
7 Important Questions for Injured Workers in San Antonio, TX
After a workplace accident, there are several factors that will determine both (i) how much you are entitled to recover, and (ii) who (or what company) is liable for your losses. Both of these are critical pieces of information, and your attorney will need to get to work gathering this information as soon as possible. With this in mind, some of the key questions that need to be answered following a workplace accident in San Antonio include:
1. What caused your workplace accident?
In order to determine who is liable for your work injury, it is first necessary to determine what caused your workplace accident. While Texas’s workers compensation statute affords injured employees access to “no fault” benefits, not all workers qualify, and these benefits do not cover all accident-related losses.
2. Did your employer take adequate safety precautions?
Despite the obvious risks involved, many employers fail to take necessary safety precautions to protect their workers. If your employer prioritized profits over safety, this may be enough to establish your claim for just compensation.
3. Are you eligible for workers’ compensation benefits?
If you are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits, this means that you do not need to prove the cause of your accident in order to receive payment. But, it also means that you cannot sue your employer to recover all of your accident-related losses. Fortunately, in many cases, injured workers will be able to file claims outside of workers’ compensation.
4. Is someone other than your employer liable for your work injury?
While your employer might be liable for your workplace accident, it is possible that someone else (or another company) could be liable as well. At the Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos, we regularly pursue these types of “third party” claims on behalf of our clients as well.
5. Will your personal injury impact your ability to work in the future?
When calculating your losses, one of the most-important factors to consider is how your injury will impact your ability to work in the future. If your doctor indicates that you are likely to suffer from a permanent disability, this could significantly increase the amount of compensation you are entitled to recover.
6. How much are you entitled to recover for your losses?
If you have a claim outside of workers’ compensation, you can seek to recover all of your other workplace injury-related losses. In addition to lost wages, lost earning capacity, and medical expenses, this includes non-financial losses such as pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and loss of enjoyment of life.
7. How long has it been since your workplace accident?
Regardless of whether you have a personal injury claim against your employer, a third-party claim, a workers’ compensation claim, or all of the above, you only have a limited amount of time to assert your legal rights. As a result, we strongly encourage you to schedule a free consultation as soon as possible.
8. Are there other issues you are concerned with?
We understand that many injured workers fear retaliation from their employers after filing a claim. State and Federal law provide protections for injured workers including undocumented immigrants filing workers compensation claims or other personal injury claims for non-U.S. citizens.
If you do not know the answers to some of these questions, that’s okay. In fact, we don’t expect you to have much of the information we need in order to pursue your claim. Once you choose our firm to represent you, we will begin working immediately to investigate your accident, understand the effects of your personal injury, and calculate your financial and non-financial losses.
Injured at Work? Do Not Ignore Any Symptoms that May Require Treatment
Even a seemingly “minor” injury can become debilitating over time; and, as a result, it is extremely important that you not ignore any symptoms after a job-related accident. At the Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos, we help our clients ensure that they are receiving all necessary medical treatment, and we fight for just compensation based on their actual losses—not what the insurance companies decide they are willing to pay. While we resolve most of our clients’ work injury cases via settlement, we do not hesitate to go to court when necessary.
We Handle All Types of Work Injury Claims
San Antonio work injury lawyer Ronald Ramos brings nearly 40 years of experience to representing injured workers. He has represented clients who have suffered all types of work injuries, and he has recovered millions of dollars in compensation in cases involving all types of work-related accidents.
Common Types of Work Injuries
In Texas, all types of work injuries can support claims for compensation. This is true whether you are limited to seeking workers’ compensation coverage or you have a personal injury claim against your employer or a third party. Some of the most-common types of work injuries include:
- Back and neck injuries
- Brain injuries
- Bone fractures
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Elbow, shoulder, and wrist injuries
- Injuries resulting in amputation or loss of use of a limb
- Knee, ankle, and foot injuries
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of vision
- Nerve damage
- Scarring and disfiguring injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Other traumatic and repetitive stress injuries
Tragically, work accidents can result in fatal injuries as well. If you have lost a loved one to an on-the-job accident in San Antonio, attorney Ronald Ramos can help you file a claim for wrongful death.
Common Types of Workplace Accidents
While identifying the cause of your accident is important for determining who is liable for your work accident, you can seek compensation regardless of the type of accident in which you were injured. At the Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos, we handle cases involving all types of workplace accidents, including:
- Commercial truck collisions
- Company vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dumping and loading accidents
- Falling objects or debris
- Forklift accidents and other industrial truck accidents
- Hand tool and power tool accidents
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Ladder and scaffolding accidents
- Lifting accidents
- Oil field accidents
- Sitting, twisting and bending accidents
- Slips and falls
Don’t see your type of accident listed? You should still contact us for a free consultation. This is just a small sampling of the numerous types of workplace accident cases we handle on behalf of injured workers in San Antonio.
What Should You Do After Suffering a Work Injury in San Antonio?
If you have been injured on the job in San Antonio, what do you need to do in order to protect your legal rights? As soon as possible, you should:
- Report the accident. Call or visit your immediate supervisor or your company’s HR department to report the accident. If you have a claim for workers’ compensation, this will help ensure that you remain eligible to receive medical and disability benefits.
- Get medical attention. If you need emergency care, call 911 and allow an ambulance to transport you to the nearest medical facility. If you do not need emergency care, you do not need to call 911, but you should still see a doctor as soon as possible.
- Contact a San Antonio work injury law firm. In order to protect your legal rights, you should consult with a work injury attorney right away. Any delays could potentially make it more difficult to recover full compensation for your injury-related losses.
Why Should You Choose the Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos?
So, you’ve had a workplace accident in San Antonio, and you need to speak with a work injury attorney. Why should you choose the Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos?
- We are passionate about representing injured workers. Representing injured workers is the core of our practice, and we are committed to ensuring that each of our clients receives the full compensation he or she deserves.
- We have decades of experience and have recovered millions of dollars in compensation. When your future is on the line, experience matters. We have the experience you need to recover the compensation you deserve.
- We are here for you day or night. We know that not everyone is able to meet with a work injury attorney during business hours. You can reach us 24/7, and you can always expect to receive clear and straightforward answers about your case.
Schedule a Free Work Injury Consultation in San Antonio, TX
Injured on the job? Get the legal representation you need to recover maximum compensation for your injury-related losses. To speak with San Antonio work injury lawyer Ronald Ramos in confidence, call 210-308-8811 or request a free consultation online now.
Highly Rated Work Injury Law Firm in San Antonio, Texas
Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos, P.C. is located on 40 NE Interstate 410 Loop #102, 78216, San Antonio, Texas. From San Antonio International Airport (SAT) head east on S Terminal Dr then Slight left onto E Terminal Dr then Continue onto Airport Blvd then Turn right onto I- 410 Access Rd/NE Interstate 410 Loop then Turn left toward I- 410 Access Rd/NE Interstate 410 Loop then Slight left onto I- 410 Access Rd/NE Interstate 410 Loop and Turn right. Destination will be on the right.
We’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For additional questions, you can call us at (210) 308-8811 find us on Yelp.