San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, you shouldn’t face the insurance company alone. San Antonio car accident lawyer Ronald A. Ramos and his team are available to help. We have helped thousands of Texans recover millions of dollars and we would be honored to represent you and your family.
Do I need a lawyer after a car accident?
While every case is different, one thing never changes: the insurance company’s number one goal is to pay you as little as possible.
Insurance companies regularly undervalue, lowball, and flat-out deny legitimate claims. In some cases, insurance company adjusters contact injured individuals immediately after an accident and try to trick them into settling the case over the phone before they can find out the extent of their injuries.
Insurance companies regularly practice these brazen tactics because they know they can get away with it. They know that ordinary Texans aren’t experienced negotiators with the ability to successfully sue if necessary.
Car Accident Lawyers Can Increase Your Settlement
According to a study by the Insurance Research Council, hiring a car accident lawyer can increase your settlement value by over 350%. 1. Insurance Research Council: Auto Injuries: Claiming Behavior and Its Impact on Insurance Costs
If you accept a settlement from the insurance company, even verbally over the phone, you won’t be able to make the other party pay for any future medical expenses.
For example: many people experience back pain that seems minor, but gradually becomes more severe and requires physical therapy or even surgery. If they accept a small settlement now, they can’t go back later and ask for more money.
If you’ve been hurt, you should contact a San Antonio car accident lawyer right away and avoid talking to the insurance adjuster at all costs.
What money can be recovered after a car accident?
Texas law allows for injured parties to recover for a number of physical, financial, and emotional injuries. It’s important to know how to properly document and value these injuries to accurately calculate the car accident settlement amount. Texas law allows an injured person to recover money for:
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earning capacity
- Past and future impairment, and more.
My car is totaled. What can I do?
Assuming the other driver is at fault and the insurance company is accepting responsibility, a property damage claim can be settled relatively quickly. We will contact the insurance company on your behalf to get the claims processing process started. The insurance company will conduct research to determine the market value of your car and will make an offer. If you accept the offer, they will take your car for auction or salvage and give you a check. If you disagree with the offer, there are ways to dispute it and ask for more.
How do I pay my medical bills after a car accident?
Most people involved in car wrecks are unprepared to deal with the medical expenses and hospital bills that stem from treatment of their injuries (even if they have health insurance). As a result, injured parties often suffer through financial distress and anxiety in addition to the pain and discomfort of their injuries.
While the insurance won’t pay anything until the case is settled, there are ways to get your medical bills paid and, in qualified cases, to receive medical treatment without having to pay anything upfront.
As your San Antonio auto accident attorney, Ronald Ramos will explain your options for obtaining medical care, help you find the right doctors, and fight to get you every penny you are entitled to under Texas law.
Choosing the best San Antonio accident lawyer
Your selection of an attorney is an important decision. There are countless injury and accident attorneys in San Antonio, many of whom we see regularly on TV. While there is not a best lawyer for everyone, there is a likely best lawyer for you.
At a minimum, take your time when choosing your car accident attorney. Interview the lawyer and ask plenty of questions, such as:
– How long have you been practicing?
– What kind of cases do you handle?
– What percentage of your practice do you spend on car accident cases?
– Do you litigate car accident cases?
– Are you the attorney that will personally handle my case?
– Are you going to refer my case to another law firm?
– How much does it cost to hire you as my lawyer?
Why hire the Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos, P.C.?
- Trusted Reputation. We have built our reputation based on results and integrity. We take pride in the level of care and service we provide to each client.
- Other Lawyers Recommend Us. One of the highest forms of flattery is when clients and fellow attorneys recommend our law firm. We are proud to be a firm that other attorneys call when their family members need help.
- Free Initial Consultation. We will take the time to discuss your accident, your personal circumstances, and decide on the best course of action for you and your family.
- No Fees Unless We Win. At the Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos, we don’t charge you to take on your case. We advance all case costs and other expenses and you don’t pay us a penny unless we recover money for you.
- Over 30 Years of Trial Experience. While some firms only seek quick settlements, we will go to court to get you the highest possible financial recovery. Insurance companies know this and often offer higher settlements to avoid the time expense of a trial.
Common Texas Car Accident Injuries
Car Accident Cases We Handle in San Antonio
- Rear-End Collisions – Rear-end collisions are the most common type of automotive accident according to National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). They can be caused by several different factors including dangerous weather conditions, distracted driving, speeding, vehicle failure, but more commonly following too closely. Rear-end collisions injuries can be very serious and can last a lifetime it is important that you know your rights in these types of accidents to make sure you are not taken advantage of by your insurance company.
- T-Bone Accidents – T-bone accidents or commonly known as side-impact or broadside accidents can be one of the most dangerous accidents to be involved in. They are also the second most common accidents a driver can experience. Due to the serious nature of these accidents, many people will suffer for years in recovery after the event.
- Head-on Collisions – Head on collision accidents are by far the most severe. The human body is not accustomed to handling this type of traumatic impact. Individuals that are lucky enough to walk away from these accidents usually experience long-term and devastating consequences of traumatic injuries from severe vehicle collisions.
- Distracted Driving – Distracted Driving can account for many of the accidents that occur regularly. As cell phones become more and more popular many people don’t want to put them down even when they are behind the wheel. Talking, texting, social media, and many other distractions can take your eyes off the road and it only takes a second of not paying attention to cause a collision.
- Hit & Run Accidents – Hit and accidents occur when the individual that caused the accident flees the scene. These individuals do not stop to provide identifying information, report the accident, or provide care to the other driver involved if needed. In the state of Texas, leaving the scene of an accident can lead to serious legal consequences including misdemeanor or felony charges depending on the severity of the accident. Unfortunately, many hit and run accidents also result in catastrophic injuries, and extreme property damage for the victims involved.
- Drunk Driving Accidents – Drunk driving occurs when someone decided to put motorists at risk by getting behind the wheel of a car and driving with a BAC of .08 or higher. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (DOT), every 20 minutes someone is injured or killed in an automobile accident involving alcohol.
- Fatal Auto Accidents – Fatal auto accidents are the most heartbreaking types of cases; the type of accidents involve the driver or passenger that did not survive the crash. Sadly, these cases are much too common as auto accidents are the leading cause of death in the state of Texas. We understand that losing someone is never easy, we can help you deal with the aftermath of losing a loved one in such an unexpected nature as well as get you compensation for your loss.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Pedestrian accidents occur when someone that is not in a vehicle is stuck by someone that is. These types of accidents usually take place when someone is struck in a crosswalk, while walking on the side of the road, in a parking lot, driveway, or with an off-road vehicle.
- Bus Accidents – Accidents involving buses are extremely tragic due to the increased number of people that can be impacted during these types of accidents. Due to their massive size, bus accidents can cause devastating injuries to anyone in the other vehicle and the multiple numbers of passengers on their own vehicle. Because of the multiple entities involved in bus accidents liability can fall on the city, the transit company, and/or the bus driver. Please note that because city buses are owned and operated by a government entity the guidelines and deadlines for suing these entities are stricter.
- Trucking Accidents – Trucking accidents can be particularly devastating to the people involved due to the massive weight of the semi or 18-wheeler in comparison to the weight of an average individuals’ vehicle.
- Truck driving accidents also have different uniqueness because of the heavy regulations that are placed on the driving companies and the drivers themselves. One common issue that causes truck driving accidents is truck driver fatigue, which is becoming more and more of a serious problem and is very hard to prove.
- Company Vehicle Accidents – Company vehicle cases are much like any other car accident case except for the fact that you might be able to file a work injury claim as well as a claim against the other driver. Filing for both workers compensation and a claim against the other driver can become a very complex legal area and you want to make sure you hire an attorney with a very good understanding of Texas Law.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accidents are handled much like any other car accident as motorcyclists are required to follow the same laws and regulations as other vehicles. The main difference is that a motorcyclist will almost always suffer more severe injuries than any passenger or driver of the vehicle involved.
Hire an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
For over 30 years, we have helped clients with all types of injury cases. From typical fender-benders to head-on-collisions, hit-and-run, drunk driving, and fatal accidents, we have seen it all. Unfortunately, it can be difficult for victims to recover the money they are entitled to without the help of a lawyer; and insurance companies rarely offer settlements large enough to cover the financial losses incurred.
Fortunately, lawyers often recover higher-than-average car accident settlements when compared to individuals acting on their own. That’s why it is important to hire an auto accident attorney near you who has extensive knowledge about Texas civil law, experience in negotiating with insurance companies and law firms, the resources to advocate for your rights, and the commitment to getting you every dollar you deserve.