Most Common Car Accident Injuries
San Antonio Auto Accident Attorneys
A total of 89,270 people suffered a serious injury in an auto accident in Texas in 2013. That averages out to about one serious accident injury every 2 1/4 minutes. San Antonio auto accident attorneys help a great number of people with these types of issues every day.
There are countless ways that auto accidents can occur, and even more types of unique injuries that vehicle occupants can suffer during one of these incidents. Here are the ten most common types of car accident injuries (in no particular order).
- Leg injuries – including fractures to the femurs, tibias, fibulas, or bones in the ankles and feet; torn knee cartilage; nerve damage in legs and feet
- Internal and pelvic injuries – including fractures to the hips or pelvic bone; bruised or punctured kidneys, spleen, liver, or other organs
- Back injuries – including herniated discs and fractured vertebrae, sprains and strains to back muscles
- Spinal injuries – when the spinal cord is bruised or torn by bone fragments or ligaments; this can lead to chronic pain, limited mobility, nerve damage, or paralysis
- Ruptured diaphragm – when the muscle that stretches across the bottom of the rib cage is torn, resulting in respiratory problems
- Chest and arm injuries – including fractured humeri, radii, or ulnae in the arm; cracked or broken ribs; fractured sternum; punctured lungs; or bruised or lacerated heart
- Neck injuries – including whiplash; strained neck muscles; cervical dislocation; damaged vertebrae, discs, or ligaments in the neck area; crushed larynx or trachea; or broken neck
- Face and head injuries – including lacerations, fractured jawbones and orbital sockets; a broken nose; dental damage; partial or total loss of vision or hearing
- Traumatic brain injury – including concussions or bruising, swelling, or bleeding of the brain; this can cause dizziness, memory loss, or reduced motor function control
- Psychological injuries – including post-traumatic stress disorder, emotional distress, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, or fear of driving or riding in vehicles
If you get hurt in an auto accident that was caused by the negligence or the recklessness of someone else, that person is legally responsible for your injuries. And if your injuries are serious, the driver’s auto insurance may not be sufficient to cover your medical expenses and related costs. That’s when you might benefit from hiring a qualified San Antonio auto accident lawyer.
The accident attorneys at the Ramos Law Office have been aiding accident and injury victims in San Antonio and Bexar County for over three decades. We are dedicated to securing the kind of settlement or judgment that you deserve. To schedule a free initial consultation and learn about your legal rights from an experienced San Antonio car accident lawyer, call us at (210) 308-8811 or fill out our free, no obligation contact form today.
Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos, P.C.