Representing the Rights of Injured Individuals Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos
Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos

Answers to Your Personal Injury & Accident Questions

The Insurance adjuster contacted me. Should I talk to them?

No! You should not speak with the adjuster from the other driver’s insurance company. The insurance company will try to place blame on you to avoid paying. When you talk to a claims adjuster, they may try to trick you into saying something that will hurt your case.

Most conversations are recorded or documented in some way and anything you say to the insurance company can be used against you. Even if they offer you a settlement check, you should speak with an attorney to make sure your rights are protected.

What if the other driver doesn’t have insurance?

Even if the other driver doesn’t have insurance, you may still be able to recover from an uninsured motorist provision in your own insurance policy. The process involves notifying your insurer, proving up your injuries, and negotiating a settlement.

Unfortunately, this is easier said than done. Many injured people with uninsured motorist coverage wind up having to sue to get their insurance company to pay.

What do I do if my employer wants me to sign something?

Often times, an employer will attempt to get an injured employee to sign a release in exchange for a small payment. Once a release is signed in exchange for a personal injury settlement, you can no longer sue for your injuries.

In most cases, you should not sign anything or give any statements without talking to an experienced personal injury lawyer.

Why should I hire a personal injury lawyer that tries cases in court?

Many attorneys claim great results, but few of them can actually show a record of jury verdicts. Insurance companies know which lawyers are willing to take a case to trial and this can affect settlement offers.

Trial can be very costly for defendants and they usually want to avoid it.  When insurance companies deal with a true trial lawyer, they are more inclined to settle for a higher amount to avoid a trial.

How do I get started with my case?

All you have to do to get started is to contact our office. We will take a few minutes to learn about you and your injury and we will suggest a course of action. It only takes a few minutes to get started. Don’t wait. Call now.