Do I Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
There is really not one answer for everyone, but in most cases, a San Antonio auto accident lawyer can help. If the other driver’s insurance company has contacted you, it is important to contact an experienced attorney right away.
If you accept a settlement check from the insurance company, you won’t be able to make the other party pay for any future expenses arising from the accident. This frequently happens when injuries start off as soreness or temporary pain and gradually become more severe and require major surgery.
How Will I Pay My Medical Bills?
Most people involved in car wrecks are unprepared to deal with the medical expenses and hospital bills that stem from treatment of their injuries (even if they have health insurance). As a result, injured parties often suffer through financial distress and anxiety in addition to the pain and discomfort of their personal injuries.
As your San Antonio auto accident attorney, Ronald Ramos will fight to get your medical bills paid by working to reach a favorable settlement with the insurance company and, if necessary, file a lawsuit to recover money for you in court.
What Can Be Recovered After an Accident?
Texas law states that victims of automobile collisions caused by another party may be entitled to monetary relief (money). Depending on the circumstances, you may be eligible for:
- Reimbursement of medical expenses , including those relating to doctor visits, treatment, procedures, medications, and physical therapy
- Money for pain and suffering
- Compensation for lost wages due to missed work
- Compensation for mental anguish, loss of consortium, and reduced quality of life
Why choose us to handle your auto accident case?
- Free Initial Consultation . We will take the time to discuss your accident, your personal circumstances, and decide on the best course of action for you individually.
- No Fees Unless We Win . At the Law Offices of Ronald A. Ramos, we don’t charge you to take on your case. You don’t pay us a penny unless we recover money for you in an auto accident settlement or lawsuit.
- Over 30 Years of Trial Experience . While some firms only seek quick settlements, we will go to court to get you the highest possible financial recovery.
Hire an Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
For over 30 years, we have helped clients with all types of injury cases. From typical fender-benders, to head-on-collisions, hit-and-run, drunk driving, and fatal accidents, we have seen it all. Unfortunately, it can be difficult for victims to recover the money they are entitled to without the help of a lawyer; and insurance companies rarely offer settlements large enough to cover the financial losses incurred.
Fortunately, lawyers often recover higher-than-average car accident settlements when compared to individuals acting on their own. That’s why it is important to hire an auto accident attorney who has extensive knowledge about Texas civil law, experience in negotiating with insurance companies and law firms, the resources to advocate for your rights, and the commitment to getting you every dollar you deserve.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Auto Accident Practice Areas
- Rear-End Collisions – Rear-end collisions are the most common type of automotive accident according to National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). They can be caused by several different factors including dangerous weather conditions, distracted driving, speeding, vehicle failure, but more commonly following too closely. Rear-end collisions injuries can be very serious and can last a lifetime it is important that you know your rights in these types of accidents to make sure you are not taken advantage of by your insurance company.
- T-Bone Accidents – T-bone accident or commonly known as side-impact or broadside accidents can be one of the most dangerous accidents to be involved in. They are also the second most common accidents a driver can experience. Due to the serious nature of these accidents, many people will suffer for years in recovery after the event.
- Head-on Collision – Head on collision accidents are by far the most severe. The human body is not accustomed to handling this type of traumatic impact. Individuals that are lucky enough to walk away from these accidents usually experience long-term and devastating consequences of traumatic injuries from severe vehicle collisions.
- Distracted Driving – Distracted Driving can account for a many of the accidents that occur regularly. As cell phones become more and more popular many people don’t want to put them down even when they are behind the wheel. Talking, texting, social media, and many other distractions can take your eyes off the road and it only takes a second of not paying attention to cause a collision.
- Hit & Run Accidents – Hit and accidents occur when the individual that caused the accident flees the scene. These individuals do not stop to provide identifying information, report the accident, or provide care to the other driver involved if needed. In the state of Texas, leaving the scene of an accident can lead to serious legal consequences including misdemeanor or felony charges depending on the severity of the accident. Unfortunately, many hit and run accidents also result in catastrophic injuries, and extreme property damage for the victims involved.
- Drunk Driving Accidents – Drunk driving occurs when someone decided to put motorists at risk by getting behind the wheel of a car and driving with a BAC of .08 or higher. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (DOT), every 20 minutes someone is injured or killed in an automobile accident involving alcohol.
- Fatal Auto Accidents – Fatal auto accidents are the most heartbreaking types of cases; the type of accidents involve the driver or passenger that did not survive the crash. Sadly, these cases are much too common as auto accidents are the leading cause of death in the state of Texas. We understand that losing someone is never easy, we can help you deal with the aftermath of losing a loved one in such an unexpected nature as well as get you compensation for your loss.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Pedestrian accidents occur when someone that is not in a vehicle is stuck by someone that is. These types of accidents usually take place when someone is struck in a crosswalk, while walking on the side of the road, in a parking lot, driveway, or with an off-road vehicle.
- Bus Accidents – Accidents involving buses are extremely tragic due to the increased number of people that can be impacted during these types of accidents. Due to their massive size, bus accidents can cause devastating injuries to anyone in the other vehicle and the multiple numbers of passengers on their own vehicle. Because of the multiple entities involved in bus accidents liability can fall on the city, the transit company, and/or the bus driver. Please note that because city buses are owned and operated by a government entity the guidelines and deadlines for suing these entities are stricter.
- Trucking Accidents – Trucking accidents can be particularly devastation to the people involved due to the massive weight of the semi or 18-wheeler in comparison to the weight of an average individuals’ vehicle.
Truck driving accidents also have different uniqueness because of the heavy regulations that are placed on the driving companies and the drivers themselves. One common issue that causes truck driving accidents is truck driver fatigue, which is becoming more and more of a serious problem and is very hard to prove.
- Company Vehicle Accidents – Company vehicle cases are much like any other car accident case except for the fact that you might be able to file a work injury claim as well as a claim against the other driver. Filing for both workers compensation and a claim against the other driver can become a very complex legal area and you want to make sure you hire an attorney with a very good understanding of Texas Law.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accidents are handled much like any other car accident as motorcyclists are required to follow the same laws and regulations as other vehicles. The main difference is that a motorcyclist will almost always suffer more severe injuries than any passenger or driver of the vehicle involved.
Texas laws for pedestrian accidents are different than many other states as the driver is not always given the right-of-way and not always consider liable for the accident that occurred.
We Can Get Started Today. It Only Takes a Few Minutes.
We have represented injured Texans and their families against big insurance companies for over thirty years and we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. If you have been injured in a car accident in San Antonio, TX, contact our office for a free consultation and case evaluation today.